Health and Wellness: Resources
- Understanding Ethics & Privacy in Health Information & Services (pdf) - The WebJunction guide features guidance & resources on how to provide ethical services when you aren't a health expert, ethical communication practices for when you and your patron speak different languages, and how to maintain an ethical & reliable collection for health information consumers. It includes individual & team reflection questions to help you consider these topics proactively.
- School Nursing and Health Services (WDPI Webpage) -offers many resources for school nurses.
- Waisman Center (website) - Partnership with the Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs Program, WI DHS has created a series of webcasts for parents, professionals and physicians related to a number of topics around child development, early identification of children with disabilities, and early intervention. Each webcast is about 20-30 minutes in length and presentation handouts are available. Viewers will be asked to take a quick survey prior to viewing the presentations.
- Oral Health (webpage) - Head Start, an Office of Administration for Children and Families Early Childhood Learning and Knowledge Center (ECLKC)
- Prevent Blindness Wisconsin (website) - A national program that trains and certifies people to conduct vision screenings for children and youth. Prepared resources are also available.
- Services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (WDPI webpage) - offers many resources regarding eligibility and services for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- National Center for Medical Home Implementation (website) - From the American Academy of Pediatrics, this resource is for health professionals, families, and anyone interested in creating a medical home for all children and youth.