Health and Wellness: Nutrition
- Farm to ECE (webpage) Learn more about farm to early care and education (0-5 age group) at WDPI's Farm to ECE site.
- Cultivating Childhood Wellness Through Gardening (webpage) - Free online video training for teachers, EC professionals, & community educators covering garden planning, activities, and curricula.
- Growing Healthy Children (pdf) A toolkit for garden-based nutrition education featuring activity cards with nutrition lessons & resources for school or ECE's sites classroom, cafeteria, or garden.
- Got Veggies? From Community Ground Works - (pdf) A garden based nutrition education curriculum created with the goal of getting children to eat more fruits and vegetables.
- Teaching in Nature’s Classroom (website) - Author Nathan Larson shares a philosophy of teaching in the garden through 15 guiding principles of garden-based education. Free download.
- Wisconsin School Garden Network (webpage) A collection of youth garden resources and stories from around Wisconsin.
- Healthy Bites (pdf) -A Wisconsin guide to improving childhood nutrition
- Rethinking Nutrition in Early Childhood Programs (website) - UW Extension resource that connects the science of nutrition and child development with practical ideas for child care staff
- Got Dirt? (website) - In an effort to increase fruit & vegetable consumption in Wisconsin, the Department of Health Services' Nutrition & Physical Activity program developed & designed this program to assist with the implementation of school, community, and child care gardens.
- Grants Opportunities for School Gardens (webpage) - From Community GroundWorks website, a list of Garden Project funding sources.
- 10 Steps to Breastfeeding Friendly Child Care Centers Resource Kit (pdf) A free resource kit to assist child care centers & community groups to implement strategies to promote, protect & support breastfeeding women. Includes a self-appraisal tool and resources for planning & implementing action plans based on the 10 steps. Child care staff can earn CEU's.